You will need
- 150g quinoa, rinsed well
- 300ml water
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 60g hazelnuts, toasted, de-skinned and chopped
- 60g dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 apple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tpsp MezzeSoul pomegranate garlic lemon zest sauce
- Generous drizzle of hazelnut oil
- Fine sea salt and black pepper
- Spring onions, finely sliced
- Bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Let's get busy
- Preheat the grill to 180°C.
- Toast the hazelnuts on a baking tray for about 7-10 minutes. Let them cool completely.
- Meanwhile, rinse the quinoa well and put the water into a medium pan and bring it to the boil with a pinch of salt, then add the rinsed quinoa. Turn the heat down to low and let it simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and let it cool in the fridge.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil and sweat the finely chopped onion and celery gently for about 5 mins. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then set aside in a large salad bowl.
- Add your quinoa and hazelnuts to the mixture, drizzle with the oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and more lemon juice if you like.
- Mix well and cool completely. Allow the flavors to meld for 20 minutes before serving.
- Now add the parsley, dried cranberries and spring onions, together with the onion and celery mix.
- Core and dice the apple and add it in, with the lemon juice, MezzeSoul pomegranate garlic lemon zest, hazelnut oil and salt and pepper.
Add your quinoa and hazelnuts to the mixture, drizzle with the oil. Add salt and pepper to taste and more MezzeSoul pomegranate garlic lemon zest if you like. Mix well and cool completely. Allow the flavors to meld for 20 minutes before serving.