You will need
- 4x 6/7 or 8 oz (depending on how hungry or generous you are) fillet steaks cut from the middle (tournedos)
- 200g Wild mushrooms (picked & brushed clean)
- 100g Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- 100g Parmesan (grated)
- 2x Egg yolks
- 1x large banana shallot (finely diced)
- 2x Cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 100ml double cream
- 50ml MezzeSoul pomegranate English mustard sauce
- 15g Picked thyme leaves
- 15g Picked tarragon leaves
- 15g Picked flat leaf parsley leaves Salt & pepper Cooking oil
- 25g Unsalted butter
Let's get busy
- Coat the fillet steaks in cooking oil, then liberally season the fillet steaks with salt & pepper.
- Seal the steaks in a hot frying pan top & bottom, then the sides. Remove from the pan.
- Set to the side to cool.
- Sweat the mushrooms, garlic & shallot in the steak pan with the butter.
- Chop all the herbs, place the mushroom mix in a mixing bowl and add the chopped herb mix to the mushrooms with the cream, egg yolks, MezzeSoul pomegranate English mustard sauce.
- Add a good pinch of salt & pepper and mix thoroughly, place in fridge until needed.
- Place the 4 fillet steaks on a non-stick baking tray, then evenly divide the mushroom mix onto the 4 steaks.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 180oC and cook until mushroom mix is golden & bubbling.
Serve with either fat cut chips, French fries or seasonal vegetables & potatoes.