You will need
- 500g Good quality lamb mince
- 1x banana shallot
- 2x Cloves of garlic
- 15g Fresh ginger (finely diced)
- 1x Fresh green chilli (finely diced)
- 75g Fresh coriander
- 75g Fresh mint
- 50ml Greek yoghurt
- 75ml MezzeSoul pomegranate roast red pepper sauce or MezzeSoul pomegranate roasted red pepper and chilli sauce
- ½ Fresh pomegranate
- Olive oil
1 tsp. of each:
Cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, paprika, fennel seed, coriander seed, fenugreek, all spice, salt, black pepper, red chilli flakes
Let's get busy
- Sweat the shallot and garlic together in a little olive oil until softened & lightly browned, allow to cool.
- Finely chop 50g of both mint & coriander
- In a mixing bowl bind together the fresh mint & coriander, the fresh chilli & ginger, all the spices and the lamb mince, adding the garlic & shallot when cool.
- Take 4 wooden skewers and dampen in cool water.
- Separate lamb mixture into 4 equal amounts then shape on to individual wooden skewers
- The koftas can be cooked in a pre-heated oven at 180oc or under a hot grill until cooked through. Alternatively the koftas are at their best if cooked on a BBQ.
Mix the yoghurt & MezzeSoul red pepper & pomegranate dressing
Place the hot kofta kebabs on a serving plate
Drizzle with the red pepper yoghurt
Sprinkle with a mix of fresh coriander & mint
Finish with a drizzle of good quality olive oil & a sprinkle of fresh chilli & ginger shavings (optional), then sprinkle with fresh pomegranate pods