You will need
- 100g bulgar wheat
- 2x tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 2x lemons, juice and zest
- ½ cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 1x small bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 1x finely chopped bunch of mint, finely chopped
- ½ block of feta cheese, cubed
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp MezzeSoul pomegranate Garlic Lemon Zest sauce
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2x pitta breads
- 1x garlic clove, crushed
Let's get busy
- Place the bulgar into a pan of cold water and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 15 mins.
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber and herbs into a bowl. Add the zest and juice of two lemons. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper. Let the flavours infuse for about an hour. Add the bulgar wheat and pomegranate dressing and mix well, adjusting the seasoning. Serve at room temperature. Top with fresh feta cheese, and a dash of cayenne pepper for a kick
- Place the pitta on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and scatter a little garlic on top. Put under the grill for about 4 minutes till crispy and serve with the taboulleh.
Ready to serve.