You will need
- For the lamb
- 1 x Leg of lamb
- 8 x Cloves of garlic
- 8 x Large basil leaves
- 8 x Large mint leaves
- Salt & pepper
- Cooking oil
- For the Sauce
- 50ml MezzeSoul pomegranate vinegar sauce
- 50ml Malt vinegar
- 75g Caster sugar
- 100g Mint leaves
Let's get busy
- With a small sharp knife make 8 small incisions deep into the flesh about the width of your index finger
- Peel each clove of garlic, wrap in both mint & basil leaves and insert into holes
- Coat the lamb in oil and season liberally
- Roast the lamb in a pre-heated oven at 180oC until 62oC at core temperature.
- Remove from oven and rest for 20-30mins in a warm place
- In a bowl mix the sugar, malt vinegar and MezzeSoul pomegranate vinegar.
- Chop the Mint leaves finely and add to the vinegar solution
- Serve cold with the lamb
Serve with roasted potatoes, roasted market vegetables, Yorkshire pudding and lamb gravy.