You will need
- 1x free range Turkey breast (butterflied)
- 500g good quality pork sausage meat
- 250ml MezzeSoul garlic lemon zest
- 10x Rashers of good quality pancetta
- 1x large white onion (finely diced)
- 20g picked thyme leaves (fresh)
- 2x cloves of garlic (finely diced)
- Salt & White pepper
- 100g Semi dried apricots (Use dried if you cannot find semi dried)
- 50ml Soy Sauce
- 50ml MezzeSoul pomegranate English mustard sauce
Let's get busy
- Take the butterflied turkey breast and lay it out flat over a sanitised chopping board.
- Take all of the stuffing and distribute it evenly through the centre of the breast running left to right.
- Fold turkey meat over the stuffing & roll to create an even sausage shape, then tie & secure with butchers string.
- Using roughly 100ml of MezzeSoul garlic lemon zest coat the turkey and then place in a large roasting tray on a trivet of root vegetables.
- Start the roasting process in a pre-heated oven at 180°C.
- After 45mins of cooking remove turkey from oven, coat/baste again in another 100ml of the MezzeSoul garlic lemon zest, then using the pancetta lay the slices across the turkey covering the meat & dressing.
- Return to oven and cook through (ideally 72°C core temperature).
- Again remove from oven coat with remaining MezzeSoul garlic lemon zest sauce, cover in foil & rest for 20mins in a warm place. For the stuffing
- Sweat the onion & garlic until softened but not browned over a low heat.
- Roughly chop the apricots.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sausage meat, MezzeSoul pomegranate English mustard, soy sauce, apricots, thyme leaves, the cooled onion & garlic and a good pinch of salt & pepper, retain in fridge for use.
Carve turkey into 1.5cm slices and serve with traditional Christmas dinner accompaniments.